Pissed off !

Got a Land Rover? Want to talk about it?

Pissed off !

Postby Hiawatha » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:38 am

Two weeks back from being away and some B@$t@rd backed into my Discovery and shattered the left hand side of the plastic bumper and racked off :evil:
It's only two years since I replaced it from the first so and so that did the same thing .
These bumpers are so fragile , it seems that the slightest of impacts turns them into shrapnel . I'm now having to source a second hand steel bull bar , there is no way I'm going to replace a third . :sad:
-------- 1952 TED, 1957 FE35 Grey and Gold Deluxe
Hiawatha

Re: Pissed off !

Postby whitehillbillies » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:58 am

Got a 1992 D1, 200TDI we are wrecking.
Not mine, daughters boyfriend.
Sent a pic of what you need and I will have a look.

whb
whitehillbillies

Postby Hiawatha » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:58 am

I have had to eat my words and have replaced yet another bumper :sad:

So the third bumper I've had to have fitted to the Discovery is on , good advice from WW re steel bumpers but my insurance company would not budge , it was plastic or nothing . I did look for a second hand bull bar for months with no luck , it seems they are scarce and well sought after for obvious reasons . Newer versions look far too radical for my conservative tastes , they also require you to relocate the windscreen washer reservoir to under the hood .
It looks fine for now , until the next parking incident I suppose .
To add insult to injury the perspex covers for the headlights appear to be no longer available , I thought the repairer was just not interested until I checked on line . It seems no one has them any more , unless someone from the UK has a contact .
So armed with a pencil , scissors , and a piece of card I made a template . Once satisfied re the fit I cut some scrap acrylic sheet I had in the shed , then heated it over the toaster slot to allow some simple bends so that the covers would clip on under the lens and the top cover .
They are certainly not as complicated as the originals , only the glass lens is covered rather than the plastic indicator as well , but they should do the job and don't look too amateurish either .
Discovery bumper(1).jpg
Discovery bumper(1).jpg (86.55 KiB) Viewed 293 times
-------- 1952 TED, 1957 FE35 Grey and Gold Deluxe
Hiawatha

Postby Grunt » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:02 am

Try parking diagonally in the parking bay, people will think your such a bad driver they’ll park somewhere else in case you bump their car.
Grunt

Return to Land Rover Discussion