Turkey Time..

Discuss anything here.. except tractors and steam engines..

Re: Turkey Time..

Postby Jack » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:52 pm

Well that's that for another year, a good time was had once again and I'm already thinking about next years return visit.
I'm pleased to say that this place was left fairly tidy, only a small sick stain on the carpet still visible (someone obviously can't handle WHB's home made Baileys).. tut! tut!
Jack
Site Admin

Postby Hiawatha » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:10 pm

Welcome back Jack , glad you and Mrs. Jack had a good time . For once at least it seems you haven't stirred the locals up into a rebellious frenzy :smile: ;)
-------- 1952 TED, 1957 FE35 Grey and Gold Deluxe
Hiawatha

Postby Fergymal » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:48 am

Welcome back to Brexit. :crylaughing: :crylaughing: :crylaughing:
1948 TEA 20 showpony
1955 TEA 20 for tractor treks
1956 TEC 20 showpony
1954 TED 20 farm tractor
1955 TEF 20 to be restored
1957 FE35 Diesel under restoration for show
Fergymal

Postby whitehillbillies » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:08 pm

Off To Turkey next year ????
might need another Travel company !!!!

whb
whitehillbillies

Postby Hiawatha » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:18 am

As long as you are insured It's not always such a bad thing WHB . On our first overseas trip together in 2010, Mrs Hiawatha , little Hiawatha and I were stuck in Paris for an extra two weeks [ Oh the pain :grin: ]. Iceland's volcano Eyjafjallajökull decided to blow its top , it was mayhem for the first three days then as Europeans who could use train and road transport went home and fewer and fewer tourists arrived we found the city half empty . Wandering around in the Louvre with no one but ourselves was an amazing experience .

I'm sure Jack wouldn't mind an extra few weeks in Turkey and a government paid for flight home :lol:
-------- 1952 TED, 1957 FE35 Grey and Gold Deluxe
Hiawatha

Postby Jack » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:30 pm

whitehillbillies wrote:Off To Turkey next year ????
might need another Travel company !!!!
whb

Funnily enough I was just looking at flights for next August.. the flights just one way are currently as much as we normally pay for return tickets.
We have flown with Thomas Cook ever since Monarch went under. it's now getting difficult to find budget flights. Will have to wait and see what happens when the Thomas Cook dust settles.
Jack
Site Admin

Postby Jack » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:46 pm

Hiawatha wrote:I'm sure Jack wouldn't mind an extra few weeks in Turkey and a government paid for flight home :lol:

It happened to us a few years back (can't remember if it was the demise of Monarch or who it was now), we had a freebie flight home. They tend to arrange your flight for the day you are travelling home anyway.. the only trouble is that they fly everyone to a central point and the bus you to your departure airport - in our case we were flown into Manchester and then had a 5 hour coach trip to Gatwick, after which I then had a 3 hour drive home.

Our eldest daughter and her family were booked to fly off on holiday on Monday (23rd) for their first family holiday. They had booked a Thomas Cook package.. and as you are aware Tomas Cook went under in the early hours of Monday morning. She and her husband were (and still are) gutted, and their two daughters (ages 10 & 6) were so upset that they cried all morning. She has been told that they will get a full refund but it could take up to six months to get it. They had saved hard for their holiday and were all looking forward to it so much and then it was just taken away from them in an instant. A very sad tale for them and for many others that were in the same position.
Jack
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General Discussion