Weather

Discuss anything here.. except tractors and steam engines..

Re: Weather

Postby Grunt » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:33 pm

A previous President of USA, can’t remember which one, used to talk about his fellow Merkins. Then when you find out what a merkin really is, it becomes somewhat amusing.

WW when you’ve done your deciphering can you let me know what I’m on about.
Grunt

Postby Jack » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:10 pm

Well here's our current weather.. :snowman:
Attachments
4sml.jpg
4sml.jpg (60.24 KiB) Viewed 750 times
Jack
Site Admin

Postby White Wolf » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:50 pm

Very picturesque Jack. We are expecting another 40 deg c here today so ypur snow is very refreshing.
Grunt wrote:WW when you’ve done your deciphering can you let me know what I’m on about.

By the time I deciphered and explained you would have had several naps and forgotten what you were on about anyway. One can only hope during that period there will have been some growth and recovery leaving the top Merkin obsolete.
1950 TEA, 1962 MF35 petrol
White Wolf

Postby pcp20us » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:42 am

Oh you fella's stop Merkin around; you cod piece :lol: ;)
TED 20's everywhere
QLD Australia
pcp20us

Postby Hiawatha » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:01 am

So Dry !

Hasn't rained for weeks , a few sparse drops this afternoon and lots of cloud but nothing in the offing .
The farm is tinder dry , wild animals are coming into the house and barn paddocks to drink from the troughs I fill from house water there , my dam is empty . The orchard is wilting , I was last able to water that a week ago until the line ran dry . My neighbour has sold most of his stock , he couldn't see himself being able to feed them over Winter despite being able to store 65 bales over our reasonable Spring .
Things are fairly desperate , many fires have clouded the Sun with smoke haze , my tanks at home are near empty , I'm keeping a little aside to keep the fish pond topped up . Hiawatha district is safe at least , the nearest fire is almost 40km away though it will only take an accident or lightening strike to change that .
I've tried everything ,well almost , I've washed the car , left washing on the line for days and even threatened to dance naked , nothing works . We need rain , soft, steady , constant rain . Send some over from the UK please .
-------- 1952 TED, 1957 FE35 Grey and Gold Deluxe
Hiawatha

Postby Grunt » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:58 am

I don’t think we’ve got any to spare. We’ve just had the warmest February on record, temperatures reaching 20degrees. Which is all well and good but if it carries on like this there’ll be a drought in summer. Having said that it’s pissing down at the moment.
Grunt

Postby Grunt » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:14 am

Seems I spoke too soon, half of Yorkshire’s under water.
Grunt

Postby whitehillbillies » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:23 pm

Wet weather here at the moment. lots of storms.
Sets us up good for Autumn.
Cyclone just formed,

whb
whitehillbillies

Postby Hiawatha » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:59 pm

Still really dry here , I saw a pitiful sight at the farm a few days ago , five Wattle birds desperate for water drowned in the drinking trough by my top tank . I always leave a plank sitting in my troughs in case birds fall in but some nasty little $hit trespassers must have pulled it out for some reason as I found it many metres away . They also left litter everywhere , turned on every tap and left them running till the lines ran dry and p1$$ed on the door mat :-x Idiots are from one town over and I have some nasty surveillance pictures of them .
The fires in West Gippsland and close by in Yinnar don't seem to be abating either , nothing but rain will put an end to them .
-------- 1952 TED, 1957 FE35 Grey and Gold Deluxe
Hiawatha

Postby Jack » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:31 pm

Phew! Been a warm one today - 38 degrees and it almost brought the country to a standstill.
We just aren't used to that kind of heat here.. get me abroad and I'll lap it up :smile:
Jack
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion